Is Flash a problem? With the way it is currently being used by advertisers, it would be hard to argue that it isn’t. However, HTML5 isn’t the solution. In fact, I think HTML5 will be a bigger problem than Flash ever was.
I updated the look of the site so it doesn’t look like the default BlogEngine.NET theme. I’m not a graphic designer, but I think it could have turned out worse. It does look best in the latest version of Opera/Firefox (and probably Chrome and Safari…).
Hopefully IE will have support for border-radius and box-shadow soon… I’m not holding my breath though.
I’ve added the reCaptcha to my contact page. If anyone who has installed the reCaptcha wants to add it to their contact page, the files are available here.
These are just the updated contact page files. You must have the reCaptcha already installed for these to work.
Update: When I switched hosting providers and upgraded BE.NET, I didn't migrate the changes to the comment system to the newer version. This post describes my updates to version 1.x, but is no longer being used on my website.
BlogEngine.NET had a pretty decent commenting system, but it lacked some of the functionality I wanted in a comment system for my blog. So I decided to update it myself, which turned out to be a bigger deal than I thought it would be. Still, after a few evenings of work, I got my comment system. The following is a summary of the new additions.
These installation instructions now apply to version 0.95
First, the linked ZIP file contains the updated files for installing the Recaptcha control.
- Version 0.95 – Changed initial loading method to fix error that occurred in certain cases in IE. If upgrading from 0.94, you only need to replace the Recaptcha.cs file.
- Version 0.94 – Logging fixes
- Version 0.93 – Added logging.
- Version 0.92 - The recaptcha will no longer get focus after it has been loaded. Install procedure is unchanged from version 0.91.
- Version 0.9 - Initial Version